Sunday, January 10, 2010

Baby Organic Rice Cereal



I really should have taken a pic of the box of cereal before I emptied the contents into my stainless steel container! But I do love how I saved the label and instructions with my lime green Happy Tape.

When Max started solids 2.5 years ago, there was only 1 choice for baby rice cereal on the shelves at IE Produce, our local organic store: Earth's Best Organic Wholegrain Baby Rice Cereal. When I popped in there last week to pick up a box for Isobel, I was impressed by the offerings. There had to be at least 6 different brands and many varieties from each company. The selection was a bit overwhelming so I did the boring thing and went with what I knew. I prefer to keep things simple.

A couple of days ago, Isobel started on her first ever solids with baby organic rice cereal. On the first day, she had a taste of the cereal and seemed to really love the new experience. In all, she polished off about 1 tsp of cereal mixed with 3-4 tsp of formula. The second day, she had a whole tablespoon with 3-4 Tbsp of formula. This was all going too well. Could this good eating continue???

No comments:

Post a Comment