Monday, March 15, 2010

Baby Puree in Action





Here are the baby purees of beet, broccoli, swede and nashi pear in my super-capacity freezing trays from one cooking session. It was quite an evening as I had 4 pots on the stove at one time - a record for me as I usually make baby puree on a one-off basis a couple of times a week (ie: only cook 1 food but make a whole tray of cubes for a 1-month supply of that one food).

I wanted to have a big baby food cook-up to show that it really is easy to make your own healthy homemade baby food, without cooking very often and without taking up precious time.

I threw this all on the stove at once and from start to finish, it took less than 30 minutes including prep (washing, peeling, chopping, etc).

Of course, it takes 2 to make a baby, so if 2 of you made the baby food together it would take even less time. Good luck with this one!

No comments:

Post a Comment